Thursday 27 September 2018

LEAVING A WRITTEN NOTE by Samson Mwita


LEAVING A WRITTEN NOTE/MESSAGE

Departure notes or messages are written when one wants to travel/leave and needs to give some information to someone they cannot be able to see before leaving. They will help the addressee to know your whereabouts or to carry out some responsibilities in your absence. These messages are written at home, school, office, hotels etc. There are many occasions/ circumstances in which these notes are written some of which are,
a)      When someone is travelling,
b)      When someone is leaving the office,
c)      When someone leaves the house,
d)      When one wants to commit suicide,
e)      When someone needs privacy and does not invite disturbance.

They are written and placed in the open space where the addressee would be able to see easily. They need to be short and to the point.
They should include such things as;
Date
Recipient
Message
Sender
Time.
Time and date are very important because they help the addressee to know whether the note/message is still up-to-date so it should be considered or whether it is outdated thus it should be ignored.

Some common expressions used in these notes are
Ø  See you later
Ø  Keep in touch
Ø  I will be back soon
Ø  Please call me back.
Ø  I have gone out
Ø  Eat your food
Ø  Do not disturb
Ø  Open vacant

Look at the following samples

23rd July 2018
Hello Jesca,
I’ve gone out for a while; I’m attending a seminar at Ubungo Plaza. Your food is in the kitchen. I’ll be back in the evening.
Mother
11:00 a.m.



12th February, 2018
My wife,
I’m sorry for the decision I’ve decided to take. I know you won’t like it but it had to be. I have decided to commit suicide because I cant bear the shame around because of the loss of my job. Nobody should be held accountable for my death. Please take care of our beloved children. Cheerio my dear wife.
Your loving husband
02:05a.m.



18th April 2018
Mr Jumanne,
I have gone to Zanzibar for a two-day official meeting. Please carry out the official duties on my desk and in case of anything feel free to contact me on 0765656565. I’ll be back on Wednesday. With thanks
Managing Director.
06:00 a.m.




1 comment:

Characteristics/Features of Oral Literature by Samwitason

  Characteristics/ Features of Oral Literature   The concept of an oral literature is an unfamiliar one to most people brought up in cu...